To you I give this woman fair
In my stead she stands so have a care
Her mind and wit, fleet as your own
Seeds of desire that I have sown
A princess you made her
But I am still the queen bee
Standing still for the world to see
That you are no more than a friend to me
When in my deepest heart recesses
A well of desire to love transgresses
Expands, spills and coalesces
Into a wedge to make the biggest of messes
Pain and anguish all abound
Her love becomes a baying hound
Crying, screaming her wounds to all
The siren sound of angst to call
You, confused, battered and then forlorn
Your delicate heart again was torn
As friend I came to rescue you
Found your heart and gave it back to you
But now we stand, an impasse is reached
A line I crossed, a taboo was breached
Though time will tell the damage done
Now my heart it cries for the wounds succumb
Thursday, August 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment