Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The View from There

When people look at us what do they see?
Married with children.
For all the world a pair of prolific producers,
Out with our little hoard.
An easy companianship, forged over years,
A natural evolving of love.

When I look at us what do I see?
Our time waiting to begin.
Looking for a sign that I can unlock the box inside me,
take the hook from the catch and open the lid.
Cross my fingers and steal myself to look inside,
hoping I haven't left it too late to look.

When you look at us what do you see?
Is this the whole nine yards?
Does she want me for my money, the security,
because I'm a good lay, because I'm a nice guy?
Or will she be the yin to my yang?
Can we be each other's morning, noon and night?

No comments: