Friday, February 02, 2007

Witness


I watched you both
As you fell into each others arms
And into each others hearts.
I watched you feel your way forward
Three steps forward and two steps back;
Two tender souls tiptoeing towards one another.

Then it happened, it crashed down
In a cacophony of cross words and misconstrued barbs.
Two fortresses hastily rebuilt,
Two sets of boundaries with sentries posted night and day.
Recriminations thrown over high walls
To fall on deaf ears.

But don't forget, I saw you before.
I saw your face, I heard your voice
I listened to your words,
I watched you come into bloom with my very own eyes.
Before the wrong I saw the rightness
And I bore witness to your heart.

4 comments:

Excursion said...

Did you write this?

Girl on a Wire said...

yeah, of course, why?

Excursion said...

cause it is darkly beautiful! Quite a few of your poems are.
Whilst I am never going to pry why, I really think they are worth publishing IMHO.
But hey, what do I know!! haha

Girl on a Wire said...

Oh! Blush, blush, I am too flattered. I don't know - what do you know? Hmmmmm.....